About The Advanced Research Institute of Arts (ARIA  )
In order to satisfy some of the research needs in the field of art, ARIA which is affiliated with the Iranian Academy of the Arts, started working in 2006 in accordance with the guidelines and goals of the Ministry of Sciences, Researches & Technology. ARIA operates under the permission of the Council of Higher Education Development of the Ministry of Sciences, Researches & Technology.
According to the first article of the constitution of ARIA , the purposes of the institute are as below:
1. Developing research in Art.
2. Making a sound foundation for promoting research activities.
3. Since the approval of the constitution, the institute has an independent legal identity and runs its administrative and financial affairs independently.
According to the second article of the constitution, the areas of responsibility and authority of the institute are determined as below:
1. To study and identify the research needs in the new fields of Art and to compose a program for activating the capacities and scientific potentials of related research centers.
2. To perform fundamental, applied and generative research to meet the purposes of the institute.
3. To contribute to and collaborate with universities and other research institutions inside and outside the country in order to promote the quality of research activities in the new field of Islamic and National arts according to related terms and conditions.
4. To provide real and legal personalities with consultative services according to the results of scientific and research activities conducted in the institute.
5. To publish magazines, scientific reports, educational pamphlets, software and computer programs relevant to the purposes of the institute and in agreement with its terms and conditions.
6. To hold scientific conferences and present research outputs in the form of educational workshops according to the terms and conditions of the institute.
According to the fifth article of its constitution, the executive board of directors of ARIA consists of the people below respectively :
1. The Board of Trustees
2. The Director
3. The Research Council
The Board of Trustees
According to the sixth article of its constitution, the Board of Trustees of ARIA is comprised of:
The head of the Iranian Academy of Art (as the chairman of the board of trustees), the minister of Sciences, Researches & Technology or his representative, the director of the Planning & Strategic Supervision of Presidents Office or his representative, the director of ARIA (as the secretary of the board of trustees) and 3 to 5 persons of scientific and cultural elites who play an active role in developing the activities of ARIA. This board, according to the 7th article of the constitution, gathers together every year to examine the report of the yearly performance of ARIA, to study and approve the yearly budget and to assess the organizational and administrative affairs in general.
The director, who is the legal representative of ARIA before legal authorities, is assigned by the suggestion of the head of the Iranian Academy of the Arts, after being approved by the minister of Sciences, Research & Technology, is legally appointed by the order of the head of the Iranian Academy of Art for four years. Serving for a second time is possible and unless a new person is assigned the director can proceed with his duties and legal authorities.
The Research Council
According to the 12th article of the constitution, the council holds meetings every month to determine the approach and scientific programs and strategies of the institute within the frameworks approved by the Ministry of Sciences, Researches & Technology. The members of the Research Council are as follows:
The director of ARIA as the manager of the council, the research deputy of ARIA as the secretary of the council, the directors of the research committees and two or up to five members of the academic staff of universities and research institutes.
 ARIA previously was known as IASAR